It is daunting to try to pack for 5 months studying abroad. Not only will there be no trips home to get more stuff, but I have never been to Fiji before so the climate and culture is completely different. So how do you pack for something like that?
- Research climate of the location (Approximately 60-90 F)
- Figure out baggage constraints of your airlines.
- Consider what activities you will be doing there: formal occasions? hiking? swimming? running?
- Throw everything in your suitcase you want to bring: clothing, electronics, toiletries, documents,
- Begin paring it down bit by bit
- The day before you leave pretend that you’re going to the airport. Put EVERYTHING in your bag that you want to bring and then walk it to you car and put it inside. Maybe even drive somewhere. This will not only help spark anything you forgot, and help you know where everything is, but also make yourself realize just how heavy that bag is.
For passengers travelling to/from FJ international and connecting to/from Pacific Sun domestic flights, the following rule will apply –
- If FJ international and FJ domestic is ticketed on same ticket (FJ/260 paper), FJ international baggage allowance will apply.
- If FJ international and FJ domestic are ticketed separately, baggage allowance shown on each ticket will apply.
For Example, if LAX-NAN and NAN-TVU are ticketed separately then LAX-NAN will get the FJ international baggage allowance (60kg (132 lbs) for business/23kg (50 lbs) for economy) and NAN-TVU baggage allowance will be 15kg (33 lbs).
Unfortunately I think I am of the second option. Extra weight costs FJD 2.50 per kg or up to $20 FJD which is actually only about 10 US$. So not too bad
Fiji Weather and Climate Chart (Avg temps and rainfall)
|SUVA||Av Max C||Av Min C||Rainfall mm||Rain Days >0.1mm|